Marketing Your Home
Now that you have decided to sell your home and have determined the fair market price, it is time to begin thinking about the most effective way to market your home to potential buyers. Whether you intend on selling your property yourself or have contracted with a licensed real estate agent, there are many ways of increasing the exposure of your home to the buyer market.
Remember, when you hire Kilgore Real Estate Group, we will will coordinate and incur the costs of the majority of your home’s marketing needs. In addition, we have access to a network of other real estate offices and agents within their Multiple Listing Service. Networking is key when trying to sell a home!
Below are some ideas that you, or your agent, can use to create greater market exposure of your home:
- Make a List of Special Features: Write down all of the fabulous and unique features of your property. What are some of the characteristics you truly love about your home? What improvements have you made to your property recently? Be as descriptive as possible. Use this list to help design flyers, and other marketing materials for your home. If you are working with a REALTOR®, provide them with this list so that we can create these flyers and advertisements for you.
- Real Estate Publications: There are many magazines and publications that feature homes currently on the market. Again, many REALTORS® frequently advertise their listings in these publications. Also, some local areas have For Sale By Owner publications in which you can promote your home if you choose not to work with an agent.
- Signs: Place a For Sale sign on your front lawn for additional exposure. Make sure there is contact information, such as a phone number, so that interested buyers are able to schedule a showing. Many REALTORS® use Talking Signs where a buyer can call and hear pre-recorded information about your home. If you live off of the main thoroughfare, you may want to use Directional Signs to point interested parties towards the location of your property.
- Real Estate Flyers: Design flyers that you can distribute throughout the community. Also, place an information box in your front lawn so that passers-by can find out details about your home. Include color photos highlighting some of the unique features of your property. Provide as many property details as possible to intrigue a potential buyer. Also, provide contact information so that the prospective buyer can schedule a showing.
- Networking: Tell friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers that you are placing your home on the market. we may know someone who is currently looking to buy. Also, if you use a real estate agent, we have a network of real estate offices and agents who are members of their Multiple Listing Service. Your REALTOR® can also send out announcements to their customers to let them know you have listed your home. Even if their customers aren’t interested, we may know someone who might be interested in your home.
- Open Houses: Host an open house at your home. Make sure your home is in immaculate condition as you will have many people wandering your house looking through closets and cabinets. If you are selling your home yourself, be prepared to answer the many questions prospective buyers may have, such as the age of the roof, water heater, air conditioner, and furnace. These are important details to a prospective buyer. If possible, prepare flyers and other literature about your home that details all of this information. Place this literature in a prominent place in your home.
- The Internet: The Internet is a great way to market your home. If you choose to work with a real estate agent, many now have personal websites where we are able to feature their listings. In addition, your property will be included in a listing database where potential buyers are able to search for listings that meet their specific home criteria. Property listings on websites offer color photos, as well as property details.
- Virtual Tours: A virtual tour is video or moving photographs of your property. Your agent can create a virtual tour of your home to include on their website. Virtual tours are a great way to show potential buyers the special features of your house. The moving photography enables buyers to get a feel for the atmosphere of your home so that we can decide if it matches their needs.